- 1 (12 to 14 pounds) turkey, neck and bag with heart and
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup MAGGI Granulated Chicken
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves
- 1 cup chopped smoked ham
- 5 cups chopped green apples
cup chopped celery
- 1 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped pitted
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- RINSE turkey and pat dry; set aside.
- Combine vinegar, bouillon,
oil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, ground annatto seed and pepper in
medium bowl. Mix well.
- RUB entire turkey including under the skin and
cavity with paste. Refrigerate turkey for 24 hours.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°
F; arrange oven rack to lowest position.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- COOK beef in large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring
frequently, until no longer pink. Add onion, garlic and ham. Cook, stirring
frequently, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add apples, celery, almonds,
prunes and bouillon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until
apples are tender. FILL turkey cavity with stuffing. Place turkey in
prepared baking dish (reserve paste that has dripped off turkey). Arrange
remaining stuffing around turkey; cover loosely with aluminum foil.
brushing turkey with remaining paste every hour, for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until
thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 175° F. Remove foil for
the last 30 minutes. Transfer turkey to platter and cover with foil. Let turkey
stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Makes 12 to 14 Servings.
with permission from Nestles and meals.com
More Christmas Turkey recipes