Slow Cooker Ham with Apple Sauce
- 4 1/2 pound fully-cooked bone-in ham, butt half*
- 1/4 cup
brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 sweet apple, such as Gala,
- 3 tart apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 10 whole cloves
a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cut 10
thin slices from the sweet apple and set the slices aside. Core and dice the
remaining sweet apple and the tart apples. In a medium bowl, combine the diced
apples, raisins and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Place the apple juice in the slow cooker, then add the ham, flat side down.
Sprinkle the ham with the remaining brown sugar mixture, pressing it to adhere.
Scatter the diced apple mixture around the ham. Arrange the apple slices over
the surface of the ham, securing each slice with a clove.
- Cover and cook on low
for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours, until the ham is heated through and
the apples are tender. Transfer the ham to a cutting board and let it rest 15 to
- Meanwhile, strain the apple mixture in the slow cooker,
reserving the solids. Thinly slice the ham. Serve with the strained
apple mixture on the side.
- *Use a 6- to 7-quart slow cooker.
Serves 10 to 12 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 4 hours.
permission from http://www.porkbeinspired.com/
More Christmas Ham recipes