- 1 (7-oz.) pkg. almond paste (3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup C&H®
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup, light
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Food coloring paste (optional)
- C&H® Powdered Sugar (optional, if
using cookie cutters)
- Break almond paste into small
pieces; place in food processor.
- Add sugar; process until mixture is texture of
coarse meal. Add corn syrup and almond extract; process until blended. Test with
1 tbsp. of mixture, rolling between palms.
- If mixture is crumbly, add additional
corn syrup, by teaspoons, until mixture holds together.
- Tint with food
coloring paste by breaking off a piece of marzipan and kneading in desired
Quick Tips: Using cookie cutters, marzipan can be rolled out
and cut into decorative shapes. Have confectioners' or powdered sugar
spread out on a sheet of waxed paper nearby. To prevent sticking, dip cookie
cutters or hands into sugar frequently.
YIELDS 15 oz. Used with
permission from C&H Sugar.
More Christmas candy recipes