Louisiana Creole Dressing
- 16 ounces chicken livers, drained
- 10 ounces fresh
- 1/2 loaf French bread, day old, crumbled
- 1/2 cup
butter or margarine
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 large onions,
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup
chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
pound ground pork, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Creole
- Chop chicken livers and cook in boiling
water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Drain oysters, reserving liquid;
coarsely chop oysters. Pour reserved liquid over bread; set aside.
butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add green onions and next 4
ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender.
- Add chopped chicken livers, oysters, bread mixture, beef, and remaining
ingredients; reduce heat, and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Spoon into a 13 x
9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly
Yields 10 servings.
More Christmas Dressing recipes