Hot Chocolate Christmas Cupcakes
- 12 cupcake liners
- 2 envelopes Rich Milk Chocolate Flavor
NESTLÉ Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK Chocolate Flavor Powder
- 1 cup
all-purpose flour1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 container (16 ounces) prepared vanilla frosting
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 12 fresh or frozen, thawed
strawberries (if strawberries are unavailable, use red gumdrops)
- 1 box (7
ounces) WONKA NERDS Candies
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- COMBINE hot cocoa mix, Nesquik,
flour, morsels and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well. Combine oil, eggs
and sour cream in a small bowl. Mix egg mixture into cocoa mixture; mix until
thoroughly combined. Pour batter evenly into cupcake liners.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcakes
comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost with frosting or follow
directions to make snowman cupcakes.
- FROST cooled cupcakes with frosting. Top with coconut.
- DAB bottom of strawberries or gumdrops with frosting. Place on
top of cupcakes to form hats.
- FORM the eyes, nose and mouth by placing a
small amount of frosting on Nerds colors of your choice and adhere to the top of
Cook's Tip: Coat the chocolate morsels in the dry
ingredients to prevent them from settling to the bottom of the cupcakes during
Makes 12 cupcakes. Prep time: 15 minutes. Total
time: 50 minutes Courtesy of Nestle and meals.com.
More Christmas Cake Recipes