Glazed Ham with Pecan Crust
- 10 pound bone-in fully-cooked ham
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 cups pecans,
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
meat thermometer into center of ham without touching bone. Place ham in baking
dish and pour cider over.
- Roast in oven, basting with cider every 30 minutes for
a total cooking time of 2 1/2 hours (about 15-18 minutes per pound), or until
thermometer registers 140 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine brown
sugar, mustard and pecans.
- Remove ham from oven during the last 40
minutes and firmly pat the sugar pecan mixture all over the ham. Return to oven
and continue roasting until crust is brown and ham is done.
- Slice and serve with
sauce. Some of the topping falls into the sauce, making it the perfect
accompaniment to ham.
Makes 20 to 25 servings. Prep Time: 15
minutes Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Serving Suggestions: Traditional ham meets Southern inspiration. Complete the meal with Sweet Potato
Casserole, Creamed Spinach, and buttermilk biscuits.
Used with permission
More Christmas Ham recipes