Gingerbread Men Cookies
- 3/4 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup
butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 1/4 cups
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Basic Decorator's Icing (recipe follows)
Decorator's Icing Ingredients
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk food coloring (optional)
Gingerbread Men Cookies Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and
molasses. Stir together remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Gradually add to
sugar mixture until well blended. Refrigerate dough 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On well-floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time to
1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on rack. Decorate with Basic Decorator's Icing as
Basic Decorator's Icing Instructions
powdered or confectioners' sugar, milk and food coloring, if desired.
Quick Tips: To make Cookie Ornaments, bake cookies as directed. Just
after the cookies are baked, use a small straw or a paring knife to create a
hole at the top of the cookie. Leave 1/2 inch space from the top of the
cookie. It is important to cut out holes while the cookies are still warm.
Decorate as desired. Once dry, thread a thin ribbon through the hole to hang
as an ornament.
YIELDS about 24 (5-inch) cookies.
Used with permission from C&H Sugar.
More Christmas cookie recipes