- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 egg1/2 cup wheat germ, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat
- Combine remaining ingredients; stir into sugar mixture. Chill.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out half the dough at a time to
1/8-inch thickness. Cut into fanciful shapes with cookie cutters.
on cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool 5
- Place on rack to cool completely.
- Decorate if desired.
Tips: To make hanging ornaments, poke a small hole at top of each cookie
before baking. After baking, thread ribbon, cord or thread through cookies.
YIELDS 3 1/2 dozen.
Used with permission from C&H Sugar.
More Christmas Cookie recipes