Frosty the Snowman Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder,
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs1 (8-oz.)
container sour cream
- Frosting of your choice
- Assorted gumdrops
- 2 chocolate-covered marshmallow cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease
and flour one 8-inch round baking pan and one 9-inch round baking pan. Line with
waxed or parchment paper. Grease paper; set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients
in large bowl; mix well. Add water, oil and eggs; mix until combined. Beat at
medium speed for 2 minutes; stir in sour cream. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool
on wire rack.
To Assemble Cake:
- Arrange 8-inch layer for head of snowman
and 9-inch layer for body on large tray or aluminum foil-covered cardboard about
18 x10 inches. Frost layers with Fluffy Meringue Frosting or Seven Minute
Frosting joining them together as "glue."
- Use gumdrops for eyes and nose, red
shoestring licorice for mouth and muffler, peppermint candies for buttons and
place a chocolate-covered cookie on each side of head for earmuffs. Place
peppermint hat on top of snowman’s head. If necessary, place marshmallows under
hat to support hat on tray.
To Prepare Peppermint Hat:
- Line baking sheet
with foil. Arrange peppermints on prepared baking sheet to resemble hat as shown
- Bake 4-5 minutes or until mints just begin to melt and stick together.
- Cool completely.
Yields: 15 servings.
Used with permission from C&H
More Christmas Cake recipes