- 1/2 cup C&H® Powdered Sugar6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup
strong liquid coffee
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 recipe Individual Meringue
- 1 recipe Chocolate Sauce
- In medium bowl,
beat sugar and egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in coffee.
to heavy saucepan or top of double boiler; stir over low heat 2 minutes or until
mixture thickens so bottom of pan can be seen between strokes.
- Remove from heat
and beat until cool.
- Whip cream until stiff and gently fold into coffee mixture.
- Place in shallow glass pan; cover and freeze at least 4 hours.
- Spoon parfait mixture in Meringue Shells and top with Chocolate
Sauce, or, serve
Coffee Parfait in individual dessert glasses topped with whipped cream and
sprinkled with freshly ground coffee powder, if desired.
YIELDS 4 to 6
Used with permission from C&H Sugar.
More Chritstma Dessert recipes