Butterscotch Pecan Bread Pudding
The ultimate comfort food, Butterscotch Pecan Bread Pudding. The taste of homemade!
- 8 cups Rhodes Bread or Rolls, baked and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 11 ounce package butterscotch morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spread bread or roll cubes, 2/3 cup butterscotch morsels and pecans in the bottom of a sprayed 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook 1 cup milk over medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and add remaining butterscotch morsels, stirring until melted. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup milk, eggs and vanilla. Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot butterscotch mixture into egg mixture.
- Add egg mixture to remaining hot butterscotch mixture stirring constantly. Pour over bread cubes in baking pan.
- Press bread cubes down to absorb mixture.
- Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Prep Time: 30 min,Bake Time: 35 min.Servings: 12Difficulty: Beginning
Recipe and Photo courtesy of Rhodes Bread, used with permission.
More Christmas Dessert recipes