Ritz Pecan Pie
- 20 Ritz Crackers; Crushed
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Egg Whites; Large
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Pecans; Halves
- 3 ounces Milk Chocolate;
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix cracker crumbs and baking
- Beat egg whites stiff, then very
gradually add sugar, continuing to beat. Add vanilla. Fold egg whites
and crackers together.
- Put in a buttered 9-inch pie
plate. Arrange pecans across top. Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, Sprinkle with
shredded chocolate, then put under the broiler for a few seconds,
watching closely so that the chocolate melts but does not scorch.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped
Recipe yields: 1 9-inch pie.