Zucchini Chocolate Cake
- 2 1/2 c Flour; Unbleached, Sifted
- 1 ts Baking Soda
- 1/2 c Butter
Or Regular Margarine
- 1 3/4 c Sugar
- 1 ts Vanilla Extract
- 2 c
Zucchini; Unpeeled, Grated
- 3/4 c Walnuts; Chopped
- 1/4 c Cocoa;
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs; Large
- 1/2 c
- 6 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream together the butter, oil, and sugar in a mixing bowl until light
and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat in
eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in Vanilla
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk to
creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with
chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F.
oven for 55 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan on
rack. Cut into squares and serve.