Angel Food Candy
- 2 c Light Corn Syrup; Karo
- 2 c Brown Sugar; Firmly Packed
tsp. Baking Soda
- 4 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate; Cut Up
- 12 oz.
Chocolate Chips; 1 Package
- 1/4 c Butter Or Regular Margarine
- Paraffin; 2 1/2 X 3-inch piece, cut up
- Combine the corn syrup and brown sugar in a 4-quart heavy Dutch oven.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils. Continue cooking the mixture until it reaches the hard crack stage
(300 degrees F) on the candy thermometer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the baking soda being
careful as the mixture will foam up. Pour the mixture at once in
to a greased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan. When cool, turn out of the pan.
Break into pieces using a meat mallet or wooden spoon.
- Combine the semi-sweet chocolate pieces and the chocolate chips, butter
and paraffin wax in the top of a double boiler. Place over simmering
water, stirring until melted. Remove form the heat, but keep
over the hot water. Dip the candy into the chocolate using a
large cooking fork.
- Place on waxed paper lined baking sheets. Let stand
until chocolate is set.
- Store the candy in a cool place in
- If you wish, do not coat the candy with the
- Candy can be stored for several months in the
Recipe yields: 3 pounds of candy.