This Chocolate Volcano is like a burst of flavor in every
- 1 21.5-ounce package brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts,
- 1/3 cup hot fudge topping, slightly warm
- Preheat oven to directions on brownie package.
- Grease a 9 1/4-inch
quiche pan and an 8x8-inch square pan.
- Prepare brownies as directed on
package. Spoon HALF of the batter evenly in the quiche pan and the other
half evenly in the square pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until a
tooth-pick inserted into the center of the brownie comes out clean. Cool
- Combine cranberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and gently boil for
about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water in
a small bowl. Add to saucepan, whisking until thickened. Chill
- Cut HALF of the brownies in the SQUARE pan into 1/2-inch
cubes. Cut the other half in the square pan into regular sized brownies
to enjoy later.
- Spoon cranberry mixture over brownie in the quiche pan.
Sprinkle brownie cubes and peanuts on top. Drizzle warmed fudge sauce
over top of dessert. Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.