Grandma's Chicken Soup
- 1 large roasting chicken or baking hen 6 drumsticks or chicken
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 large onions, peeled and
- 1 parsnip, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
large turnip, peeled
- 1 stalks celery
- 1 bunch parsley, washed,
tied with string
- salt, pepper to taste
- Wash chicken, place in large, 8 liter pot, filled 3/4 full of water.
Bring to boil.
- Add carrots, onion, parsnips, sweet potato and
- Simmer covered for 90 minutes.
- Add celery and parsley,
simmer an additional 45 minutes.
- Spoon out chicken and bones.
- Remove vegetables and a small amount of broth. Puree, stir back
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve plain or with