Baked Buttermilk Chicken Nuggets
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts,
cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken and buttermilk in a
large mixing bowl; toss to combine. Marinate 15 minutes.
bread crumbs, cheese, herb blend, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper
on a plate.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Drain chicken
- Roll pieces in egg; coat with breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until coating is golden
brown and chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.