This Chicken Oscar dish is delicious! Chicken breasts that are topped with crab
mixture, asparagus spears, and a creamy lemon chive sauce.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 ounces jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shells and
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 10 thin asparagus spears, trimmed and peeled
- 2 cups water to boil asparagus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt for boiling water
- 4 cherry tomatoes for garnish
Lemon Chive Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- In medium saucepan, bring water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil. As
soon as the water comes to a boil, add asparagus and boil until tender,
about 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside until needed.
- Lay chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch
thickness. On a medium plate mix flour with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper;
dredge chicken to coat, patting off any excess.
- In medium, non-stick frypan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon butter and
oil. sauté chicken breasts on both sides until browned and firm, about 3
minutes per side. Remove chicken; keep warm until ready to serve. Add onion
to skillet and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Increase heat to high,
add tomato and sauté until most of the moisture has evaporated. Lower heat
to low and add crab meat; toss gently, just until hot.
- To serve, set one chicken breast on each plate; arrange 5 asparagus
spears on top of each. Spoon some of crab mixture over asparagus and drizzle
with Lemon Chive Sauce. Garnish with cherry tomato
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with lemon juice to
make sauce. Whisk in cream cheese, milk and chives until smooth.
Recipe makes 2 Servings.