Pouding Renverse des Bluets
(Blueberry Upside Down Pudding)
- 2 c Blueberries; fresh -OR-1 pk -Blueberries, 300 g-individually
- 3/4 c Sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp. Lemon rind; grated
- 1 1/4 c Flour; all purpose
- 1 1/2
tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. -Salt
- 1/4 c Shortening
- 1 Egg; beaten
- 2/3 c Milk
- Whipped cream -OR -
Ice cream; optional
- Combine blueberries, 1/4 cup of the sugar and lemon rind in a buttered 8
inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder
and salt. In another bowl, cream shortening with remaining 1/2 cup sugar
until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients
alternately with milk, blending well after each addition and finishing
with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter over fruit in pan and bake in
a preheated 350F oven for about 40 minutes, or until a tester inserted
in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly; turn out onto
serving plate. Cut in squares and serve warm or at room temperature,
with whipped or ice cream, if desired.
Recipe serves 6-8
Notes: Lemon flavored cake batter baked over fresh blueberries makes a
Recipe source: A Taste of Quebec by Julian