Wades Cajun Shrimp or Crawfish Bread
- 2 cups medium shrimp or (crawfish your choice)
- 1 loaf French bread
(I use Hoagie Buns)
- 1/2 half stick of butter
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- Seafood seasoning to taste
- Slice bread in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside of the loaf.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium–high heat.
Sauté shrimp, onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic for 15 minutes.
- Blend in dry mustard and mayonnaise. Add cheeses and blend until melted.
- Spread mixture inside the bread, then put the halves back together.
Butter the top of the bread.
- Wrap in foil and bake on a BBQ pit or in
the oven at 350* for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces and
Recipe and photo courtesy of Wade Harper. You can
visit Wade over at
Cajun Recipes Page 1