Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning Mix
- 1 box (26-ounces) Morton's free flowing salt
- 1 box (1 1/2 ounces) ground black pepper
- 1 bottle (2-ounces) ground red pepper
- 1 bottle (1-ounce) pure garlic powder
- 1 bottle (1-ounce) chili powder
- 1 carton (1-ounce) monosodium glutamate (Accent)
- Mix well and use like salt.
- When it is salty enough, it's seasoned to perfection.
- Use generously on anything you like to season.
- If too peppery for children, add more salt to mixture, then season to
Tip: To season seafood use half of above mixture and add: 1 tsp. powdered
thyme. 1 tsp. bay leaf, and 1 tsp. sweet basil.
Makes 31 and 1/2 ounces of seasoning mix.
Source: Tony Chachere's Micro-Wave Cajun Country Cookbook.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes