Spicy Seafood Jambalaya
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup
- 1 cup long-grain rice, cooked and kept warm
- 1 Tbsp.
fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 (16 oz.) package
- 1 (8 oz.) container lump crabmeat
- Garnish: chopped
green onion and parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion until translucent, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add celery, bell pepper, carrot, and jalapeño; cook until soft, 6 to 8
- Add garlic, red pepper, cayenne, salt, and pepper; stir until fragrant,
about 1 minute.
- Pour in seafood stock, and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of
- Stir in hot-cooked rice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, crawfish,
- Cook 12 to 14 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with green onion and parsley, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Louisiana Seafood and Marketing Board. Photo courtesy of