Spicy Shrimp, Chicken, Veggies and Rice
This is an easy, and quick dish to prepare. One pot meal, short on cooking
time, and oh so delicious!
- 1lb cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/2 lb. skinless chicken in bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. black or white pepper
- 1/2lb fresh Broccoli, mushrooms celery and snap peas(Each)
- 1 can baby corn
- 2TB soy sauce
- 1/4 cup real butter
- 1-1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4cups - 6 cups cooked rice *See note
- In a large skillet or wok stir fry add oil, stir fry the chicken,
garlic, onion salt and pepper(s) for about 5 min or til chicken no longer
pink. Place in bowl with light cover.
- In same skillet add all the veggies and butter until slightly tender.
- Add soy sauce and lemon juice, and shrimp and return the chicken mixture
back to pan and heat through.
Note: Julie says "Trick with the cooked rice I add an additional 2 TB soy
sauce to this for flavor and color. Enjoy!"
Recipe and photo courtesy of Julie Mousseau Rockwell. Used with permission.