Smothered Chicken Livers In Brown Gravy
- 1 container chicken livers drained and rinsed
- 1 large
onion - chopped
- Cajun seasonings to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour (Enough to coat chicken livers)
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 TB oil
- Cooked rice
- Heat oil in heavy skillet, in the
meantime, season and coat livers with egg then dip in flour.
onions to oil and sauté til tender.
Add seasoned and floured chicken
livers, cook until lightly browned.
Add enough water to make gravy,
stirring often so they do not stick.
- If mixture gets too thick, add a little
- Continue cooking until livers are done.
- Serve over rice and
Cajun and Creole Recipes Page 1