Smothered Chicken Livers In Brown Gravy
- 1 container chicken livers drained and rinsed
- 1 large
onion - chopped
- Cajun seasonings to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour (Enough to coat chicken livers)
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 TB oil
- Cooked rice
- Heat oil in heavy skillet, in the
meantime, season and coat livers with egg then dip in flour.
- Add chopped
onions to oil and sauté til tender.
- Add seasoned and floured chicken
livers, cook until lightly browned.
- Add enough water to make gravy,
stirring often so they do not stick.
- If mixture gets too thick, add a little
- Continue cooking until livers are done.
- Serve over rice and
Cajun and Creole Recipes Page 1