Slap Ya Mama Cajun Cornbread
This Cajun recipe for Cajun cornbread from Slap Ya Mama uses cornmeal, tasso, sausage, cream style
corn, cheddar cheese, peppers and more. This is their Mama's own special
- 1 cup smoked tasso or smoked ham, diced
- 1 cup smoked sausage, diced
cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1 tsp.
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 can cream style corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized pan,
sauté tasso and sausage over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until
browned. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, Slap Ya
Mama Original Blend Seasoning and baking soda.
- Using a fork, mix well.
Add in milk, vegetable oil, corn and eggs; mix well.
- Stir in remaining
ingredients, making sure it’s evenly mixed.
- Butter the bottom and
sides of a 9” x 13” baking pan.
- Pour mixture into pan, making sure to
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 minutes.
- Let cool
for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Slap Ya Mama and used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes