- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon gumbo file powder
- 1 1/2
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO brand
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- 2 pounds shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- Cook bacon in large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat until
bacon is crisp. Remove and drain. Pour off excess fat, reserving 3
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper and gumbo
file to bacon drippings and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables
are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend in
flour; return to heat and cook over low heat 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes
- Add remaining ingredients except shrimp, and cook
over moderate heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp
and crumbled bacon; cook 5 to 10 minutes longer, until shrimp are
tender. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
courtesy of billmichalski. Permission to use under following
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes