Shrimp and Eggplant Casserole
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 bacon drippings
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup peeled shrimp
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 TB minced parsley
- Salt and pepper tot taste
- 1 cup
bread crumbs, divided in half
- Sauté onion and green pepper in bacon grease; add tomato and eggplant. Cook
over low heat until eggplant is tender.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes.
Add parsley, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Place in greased
baking dish. Cover with remaining bread crumbs and bale in 350 degree oven for
about 20 minutes.
Source: The Pink Pantry
Chef: Mary DiBenedetto
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes Page 1