Shrimp with Creamy Tomato Pasta
Delicious shrimp in a creamy pasta with sun dried tomatoes and more!
- 2 tablespoons oil from dried tomatoes
- 1 Clove garlic pressed or minced
- 1 pounds large shrimp, shelled and
- ¼ cup Green onion, sliced thin
- 1½ tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Drain and cut in slivers
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup dry vermouth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 10 ounces Linguini
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large frying pan over
medium-high heat, combine oil and garlic. When heated, add shrimp and cook,
stirring often, until opaque in center about 5 or 6 minutes. Remove from pan
and set aside. In the same pan, add onion, basil, tomatoes, pepper, broth,
vermouth, and cream.
- Bring to a boil on high heat,
uncovered, until reduced to about 1½ cups, which will take about 10
minutes. Add shrimp and stir gently until hot.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 3
quarts boiling water until just al dente, about 8 minutes and drain
well. Add cooked pasta to sauce and blend. Serve and offer cheese individually.
Photo credit: Michael Koukoullis.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes