Seven Steaks Etouffee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- About 4 pounds seven
steaks (shoulder steaks)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt to taste
- ½ cup
pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped bell
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
teaspoons Justin Wilson hot sauce
- Over a medium to high fire, heat the olive oil in a large pot, then
brown the steaks on both sides.
- Season with salt, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well, then reduce the fire to low and place the lid on the pot.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Recipe Source: Justin Wilson.
Justin says: "Dis is an easy recipe.
Jus do it like it says and it will be good, I garontee"
Do you remember Justin Wilson? I just found this recipe of his for Seven
Steaks Etouffee, and may try it next weekend.
I love etouffee, and this
sounds like a keeper!
This recipe was posted on our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes