Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Japanese bread crumbs (panko), divided
- 4 oz. crabmeat
- 4 oz. crawfish tails
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and spray
with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a dry paper towel, lightly
brush excess dirt from outside of mushroom caps. Remove and discard
stems. Using a metal spoon, scrape gills and discard.
- In a large
skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and celery until
translucent and soft, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, and cook 4 to
6 minutes more.
- Add garlic, Old Bay Seasoning, salt, and pepper, and
cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Transfer onion
mixture to a large bowl, and add 1/4 cup Parmesan, mozzarella, lemon
juice, Worcestershire, eggs, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, crab, and crawfish.
Mix to combine well.
- Divide mixture evenly among mushroom caps, and
press firmly. Top mixture with remaining bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup
Parmesan, and parsley.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake until
lightly browned, 15 to 17 minutes.
Cooking/Prep Time: 45 minutes
Recipe courtesy of
Louisiana Seafood. Photo
courtesy of Hoffman Media.
Cajun Recipes Page 1