- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound raw Louisiana shrimp, your favorite size
- salt, to taste
- Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning, to taste
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8-ounce carton fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 pound lump Louisiana crabmeat
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, minced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter. Add the olive oil and sauté the
shrimp for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt, Tony Chachere’s, and lemon pepper while
they are cooking. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Sauté the onion, peppers, celery, mushrooms and garlic for 5 to 9
minutes. Add the Rotel tomatoes and the bay leaves. Cook for 10 more
- Return the shrimp to the pot and add the crawfish tails; cook for 5
minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the crabmeat, green onions, and parsley.
- Mix in cooked rice, Adjust seasonings, and remove from heat. Let stand
about 5 minutes before serving (for the flavors to marry).
- Serve hot.
Recipe and photo courtesy of louisianaseafood.com Chef: Suzanne