Seafood and Corn Bisque
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper (½ red & ½ green)
- 2 large cans, whole kernel corn
- 2 large cans, cream style corn
- 3 pints heavy cream
- 1 32-ounce container chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon salt (more may need to be added)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons of any Cajun Seasoning
- 1 pound white crabmeat
- 1 pound peeled and deveined Louisiana shrimp (or crawfish)
- 3 or 4 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with cold water
- 1 tablespoon onion tops
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- In an 8 quart stock pot, melt butter on a low to medium heat, add onions and
bell peppers, sauté until transparent.
- Add whole corn, cook 20 minutes.
Add cream corn, cook 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add cream, chicken broth
and seasonings, cook 20 minutes.
- Add seafood and cook for 15 minutes, or
until shrimp are cooked.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture, until desired
consistency is reached.
- Add parsley flakes and onion tops, cook 5
minutes. Serve hot.
- If you can find little bread bowls you can serve the
soup in there.
Servings: Serves a crowd!
Name of Chef: Debbie Guidry-Gauthier, Breaux Bridge, LA Courtesy of