Rum Sauce for Bread Pudding
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon rum or rum extract
- Combine flour, water, sugar and
butter in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla
and rum. Mix well and you are done!
- Pour the rum sauce over the entire
bread pudding or over the individual servings.
*Note: Sauce can be made with Rum Flavoring, Rum Liquor or Whiskey.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes
Recipe and photo courtesy of Real
Cajun Recipes. Used with permission.