Red Beans and Rice Sliders
Red Beans and Rice sliders that are made with cooked red beans, cooked rice,
bread crumbs, seasonings, and more.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup
finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 clove
- 3/4 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 2 cups cooked
Camellia Brand Red Kidney Beans
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
1 ounce green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Slider rolls
- Roma tomato slices
- Red onion slices
- Hot sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Caramelize the
onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic in the vegetable oil.
- Place the
cooked rice and cooked red beans in the food processor; pulse until smooth
and transfer to large bowl.
- Fold the caramelized vegetables, bread
crumbs, green onion and parsley into the rice and bean mixture. Season with
salt and black pepper.
- Shape the bean mixture into small slider-size
- Preheat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add patties
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through and browned,
turning patties once.
- Serve sliders on rolls, dressed with desired
Recipe courtesy of
Camellia Brand. Used with permission.