- 1 (12-ounce) package bacon, cut in half
- 1/3 cup
roasted, chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup Steen's 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, then place the bacon slices.
heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the baking dish in the oven and roast the bacon until it is nearly cooked, about 25
minutes depending on your type of oven. The bacon should be starting to "foam"
at this point.
- Remove the bacon oven and place in a baking dish, lined
with parchment paper.
- At this point, you will want to drizzle about 1/3
cup of the Steen's Cane Syrup lengthwise down each strip of bacon that you have
- Sprinkle the cane syrup with pecans and then drizzle the remaining
1/3 cup cane syrup on top of the pecans.
- Cook this for about another 15-20
minutes, or until it starts to foam again and get slightly dark.
- Remove from
oven and let this cool for about 15 minutes.
You can just eat this "as
is" for a wonderful treat, or use for an awesome topping for all types of Cajun
Cajun Recipes Page 1