Pork Jambalaya with Cabbage
Pork Jambalaya with Cabbage is a popular Cajun dish. Pork
chops or pork ribs can be used in this recipe.
- 1 rack country style pork ribs, cut in two inch pieces or pork chops
with bone in.
- 1 quart water or beef broth
- 2 medium onions, chopped
1 tsp. Kitchen bouquet
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 cup onion tops and parsley, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups long grain rice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
5 tbsp. oil
- Half cup cabbage shredded (optional)
- Season meat with salt and pepper. In heavy saucepan or black pot, brown
meat in oil.
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery and sauté until
onions are wilted or you could saute separately and then combine together.
Add the cabbage if using and sauté with the vegetables..
- Add water,
Worcestershire, and Kitchen Bouquet and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat
and simmer approximately one hour. Remove excess oil. There should be enough
broth to cook the rice in, if not enough add a little more water.
- Add the
washed rice, parsley and onion tops (green onions); mix together. Cover and
cook until rice is done, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Yield : 8 servings Servings : 8 servings Prep Time : 30m Cook Time : 1:30 h
Ready In : 2:0 h
Recipe courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1