Piments Doux Farcis
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp (peeled and chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 Bell peppers, finely chopped
large onion chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup homemade
- 8-10 Bell pepper halves
- Butter, seasoned, Italian bread
- Add egg to chopped shrimp. Salt and pepper
- Sauté shrimp mixture in oil until cooked.
- Add more oil and
chopped peppers, onions and celery. Cook until soft and mushy.
- Add plain bread
crumbs and season, if necessary.
- Scald bell pepper halves and stuff with
shrimp mixture. Top with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Cook in greased pan in a
350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
of River Road Recipes 11
Chef Mrs. Hubert Waguespack
Fracis translates to Creole Stuffed Peppers
Cajun and Creole Recipes Page 1