Oven Crawfish Rice Dressing Casserole
A fool proof recipe for crawfish dressing, Cajun style baked in an oven.
Easy as well as delicious!
- 1 lb. to 1 1/2 lb ground beef (chuck preferred)
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream
of mushroom soup - undiluted
- 1 (101/2 oz.) can French onion soup
- 1 (6
oz.) can mushroom steak sauce
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup bell
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) jar pimento, drained
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 lb. crawfish or shrimp
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Cajun seasonings or Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 1
pound Jimmy Dean pork sausage
- In large skillet add oil. Cook the ground beef and pork with vegetables
until meat is brown. Drain excess oil. Add crawfish or shrimp to the
- In a large casserole dish, combine the rest of the ingredients,
along with the cooked meat and vegetables.
- Add Cajun seasoning, garlic
powder and onion powder and salt and pepper to taste; remember the soup
already has a substantial amount of salt.
- Cover and cook in oven for one
hour at 350 degrees, check if rice is done, if not recover and cook 10 more
Yield : 8 12 servings Servings : 8 - 12 servings Prep Time : 30m Cook Time :
60m Ready In : 1:30 hr
Recipe and photo courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes.
Cajun Recipes Page 1