Oven Baked Chicken Jambalaya
- 1 package (about 1 1/2 pounds) PERDUE® Fresh Chicken Drumsticks
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup enriched long grain rice
- 1 cup diced red and/or green pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup minced green onion (white and light green part)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium nonstick skillet, brown drumsticks
over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, spray a 2-quart round or oval casserole dish with no-stick
spray. Add rice, peppers, celery, onion, chicken broth and hot sauce and
- When drumsticks are browned, remove from heat and sprinkle with cayenne
to taste. Lay drumsticks in a single layer over rice mixture.
- Cover and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until rice is cooked and chicken
reaches an internal temperature of 180°F.
Ready In: 55 minutes Servings: Makes 4 servings
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Council Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes