Old Fashioned Baked Mac and Cheese
This Old Fashioned Baked Mac and Cheese is so creamy and delicious, and best
of all made from scratch!
- 1½ cup Elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons
Butter or margarine, divided
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- 3 cups Milk
teaspoon Dry mustard
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pinch Ground red pepper
- 1½ cup Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup Plain dry bread crumbs
- Pre-heat to 375 degrees F. Boil macaroni
in salted water using a large saucepan just until it gets tender,
about 8 minutes.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse with cold water.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large
iron skillet over medium heat. Gently stir in the flour and simmer, stirring,
for about 1
- Whisk in the milk, mustard, salt and peppers,
gradually. Bring to boil,
and whisk. Boil about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in
cheeses until smooth and the cheeses are melted, making sure it doesn't
stick. Stir in drained macaroni.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, stir in bread crumbs and sprinkle
over macaroni mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes. Let stand 10
minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Photo credit: jeffreyw
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes
Non Cajun Appetizers