Okra and Ham Soup
Okra soup is delicious made with ham, and beef veal or chicken, and of
course okra. Seasoned and boiled on low for three to four hours.
- 1 large slice of ham - cut into small
- 1 pound of beef, veal or chicken - cut
into small pieces
- 1 onion - cut into small pieces
- Black or red pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 30 pods of okra, sliced very thin
- 2 quarts water
- 2-3 peeled tomatoes
- Season ham, beef, veal or chicken,
and onion with salt and pepper.
- Sauté in butter until tender.
- Remove from skillet and add to a large pot.
- Add okra and water.
- Boil slowly for three to four hours.
- When the soup is half done, add the tomatoes and continue to cook until
Recipe serves 4.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes