Okra Catfish Stew
I love catfish and okra, so this is a great stew to make. I could eat the
- 6 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cut into bite-size
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 16-ounce box
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large baking potato, cut into bite-size
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay ®
- 1/4 cup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place large stock pot over medium high heat for 1 minute;
add oil. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until translucent.
tomatoes, tomato juice, okra, bay leaves, thyme, oregano and potatoes.
Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle catfish with seafood
seasoning. Add catfish; continue to simmer 6 minutes or until catfish is
- Add sugar, vinegar and hot sauce; season with salt
and pepper to taste.
- Serves 10.
Recipe and photo courtesy of