Momma’s Cajun Potato Salad
Delicious and perfectly seasoned this potato salad is kicked
up the Cajun way!
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1 small celery stalk chopped fine (optional)
- 3 scallions (green onions) chopped fine
- 1/4 cup minced parsley (optional)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. to 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 tbsp.
minced sweet onions (optional)
- 4 - 6 eggs boiled
- Boil the potatoes in their jackets for 25 minutes or until tender when
pierced with a fork. Do not overcook as this will make the potatoes starchy.
- The eggs may be boiled with the potatoes (my Mom did that) or see how to boil
the perfect egg on our web site.
- Drain the water from the potatoes. Cool and
peel both the potatoes and eggs.
- The peeled potatoes and egg whites go in
one bowl; the egg yolks in a small dish.
- Combine the yolks with the vinegar,
mustard, pepper, salt and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Chop the egg white and cube
the potatoes. Add the celery, parsley, scallions (onion top) and sweet onions if
- Note you can modify more or less if needed on the celery and onions
or leave off all together.
- Combine thoroughly the egg yolk mixture with the
- Garnish with parsley and serve either warm or chilled in the
icebox for a few hours.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1