Louisiana Crawfish Dressing
- 6 C. sliced squash (2 lb.)
- 2 C. water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 C. chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 C. Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Tony's or other Cajun season all
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried whole thyme
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 C. peeled crawfish tails
- Combine squash and water in a Dutch oven; cook until tender. Drain well.
- Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in butter until tender.
- Add vegetables and egg to squash; stir in breadcrumbs and remaining
- Spoon mixture into a greased 12x8-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350ºF. for 30 minutes.
You can also stuff a chicken or turkey with this dressing, although it
is wonderful all by itself!
Yields: 8 servings.
was posted at our old cooking blog.
Photo credit: jeffreyw.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes