Layered Crawfish Salad
This is an easy and delicious salad, made with crawfish tails, lettuce,
celery, boiled eggs, remoulade sauce and more. Great summer time salad.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 4 hard boiled eggs,
- 1 10-oz. pkg. peas, thawed
- 1 c. chopped bell pepper
lb. Louisiana crawfish tail meat
- 1/2 c. finely sliced green onions
- 2 c. remoulade sauce**
- 1 T. Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 4 oz. shredded
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Drain crawfish tail meat and pat dry.
- Tear or cut up lettuce and put in
large glass bowl. Sprinkle on the celery.
- Arrange egg slices on top.
Sprinkle on the peas, then bell pepper and green onions.
crawfish in an even layer. Spread the remoulade sauce over the top to
seal the edges and sprinkle it with the seasoning, then the cheese and
- Cover salad with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate at least
12 hours before serving.
** Remoulade sauce is available in grocery stores in the
Recipe courtesy of Louisiana Crawfish
Promotion and Research Board and Leslie Davis, used with permission.