King Cake Fat Tuesday Monkey Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits halved
- 1 (11.5 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- purple, green and gold sugars.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 15 cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar and cocoa.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons sugar mixture in bottom of prepared pan.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange biscuit dough. Place 3 chocolate
chunks on each dough piece.
- Fold dough over chocolate, pressing to seal. Dip dough pieces in
melted butter and dredge in sugar mixture.
- Layer half of dough pieces in prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining
- Top with remaining dough pieces. Sprinkle with remaining melted
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean,
about 1 hour and 10 minutes, covering with foil after 30 minutes of
baking to prevent excess browning.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes then invert onto a serving plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir together confectioner's sugar and milk until
- Drizzle over cake and while icing is wet, sprinkle with colored
Recipe and photo courtesy of Cleta LoveKamp, used with permission only!
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes