Jerked Louisiana Alligator Bites with Chipotle-Mango Aioli
- 2 lbs. Louisiana Alligator,
cut into 1-oz cubes
- ½ cup Mango, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Chipotle seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 8 oz. Greek style yogurt,
- ½ cup Jerk seasoning
- ½ cup - Green onion, cut
thinly on a bias
- To make the dipping sauce:
- Puree mango with chipotle
seasoning, lime juice and yogurt. Hold refrigerated until needed.
- Toss the cut Louisiana
Alligator with the jerk seasoning. Preheat a nonstick saute pan over
medium-high heat and saute the alligator a few pieces at a time
until cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove alligator from pan;
mound onto serving plates. Garnish with green onion. Serve with
ramekins of chipotle-mango dipping sauce.
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Louisiana Seafood and Marketing Board. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1