- 1 1/2 cups ham, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion,
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 14 1/2-oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 14-oz can chicken broth,
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups rice,
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, sweet
pepper and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in
undrained stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, ham and Cajun seasoning.
to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in rice.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until rice is
Ham leftovers with a Cajun feel. Serve with a green
salad and a tall ice tea.
Calories: 306 calories
Protein: 19 grams
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 1188 milligrams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 41 grams
Recipe and photo courtesy of The National Pork Board-Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes