Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Crawfish in Mustard Sauce
I love Portobello mushrooms and crawfish. This dish is made by filling
mushrooms with the creamy crawfish and sauce.
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- 1/4 lb. mild goat cheese
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 T. chopped shallots
- 2 T. dry white wine
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill.
- Remove stems and gills from mushrooms. Rinse mushrooms and brush clean.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic and oil. Dip mushrooms in this mixture
or brush on.
- Grill mushrooms, tops down, over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill to a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill mushroom caps with crawfish and top
with goat cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring cream and shallots to a
- Reduce heat to low, stirring in wine and mustard. Simmer mixture to
reduce by 1/3.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove sauce from heat.
- To serve, spoon about 2 T. sauce on each plate and place mushroom cap on
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis, and the
Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and Research
Board. Use with permission.