Green Onion Sausage with Rusty Gravy
- 2 lbs fresh green onion pork sausage (See note)
- 1 large white onion-chopped
- Bacon-a few pieces
- 1 small bell Pepper-chopped
- Small amount of celery (or to taste)-chopped
- Parsley, to taste
- Garlic, to taste
- Cooked wild rice
- Sauté the bacon (not a lot) in a black iron pot, then brown your
sausage (He cuts his in 2 inch pieces)
- Deglaze the bottom with a
little water and repeat until a natural thick gravy appears, add your
onions, etc. (except rice) and smother down a couple more times.
- Add enough water to cover, let boil down a little, cover, simmer, put
over rice and enjoy.
This recipe is courtesy of Thaddeus Hebert,
thank you for sharing!
* Note: Thaddeus uses green onion pork
sausage, but use what you like.
Cajun Recipes Page 1